Saturday, June 15, 2013

Settling in!!!

Wow, time just flies on by and I haven't been here for awhile, due to moving house....yet again! Story of our lives, really, and I am pretty much over it. We are in limbo at the moment as we decide where life should take us next! Darwin has been lovely and I could set up permanently here, if it wasn't so darn expensive. We've sadly had to put our Port Douglas house on the market, after almost 19 years living in the most gorgeous tropical town in Australia, the realisation that we probably wont be going back has set in. When I saw the photos of our house ready for advertising, it really hit home. Something to scrap about when the time is right. So now, we are back in a caravan park with the kids, living in the camper trailer and annexe, surrounded by happy, friendly, travellers, and trying to keep up our working, schooling life, with loads of commuting in between, until we decide what to do next. Watch this space!!!
Don't worry, I still have a desk, laptop and plenty of scrapping supplies which I just couldn't live without! I've managed to create a few projects already and although feeling a little unorganised, I had one of these projects picked up by Scrapbooking Memories yesterday! It just goes to show, you can create in the smallest of spaces, thank goodness, it's keeping me sane. I managed to complete my Phototech article this month under these conditions, so must be doing ok!
Here are a few projects to share:
 This is a Scrap Lift from Amy Tangerine! I love her style and her line of papers and accessories. This is very similar to a layout which is on the back of her paper stack. The pic is of myself and my parents on one of their visits to our home in Port for Melbourne Cup in 2011.
 This is some of the Kaszazz new products. The clouds are made from the new rose making dies. When I first saw the dies, I was convinced they were clouds, so I just had to make something using them as clouds. The Eiffel Tower is also a new die, and the stamp and washi tape are from the new May release.
 This was my project entry into the Kaszazz TTD challenge. I am so into the paint splats at the moment. These were made with Distress stains, and you can see the pink chevron impression, which is made with the new stencil and distress stains. All Kaszazz products.
This is to share with a fellow Kaszazz member who is into art journaling at the moment. I love art journaling also. This was one of my entries while we were travelling last year and had limited supplies. I used water colour pencils and stamps for the background, along with rub ons and some cute little plastic embellies I cut from a packet from a new pillow. I have some new entries which I am still working on! TFL

1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice to see & hear what you're up to....what an 'interesting' life you lead! Sounds like you won't be settling down for a wee while yet, either....like you say, long as you can get inky even the smallest space is fine!!! Gorgeous, eclectic mix happening here, course, being a 'Francophile', gotta drool for the Eiffel tower in the CLOUDS [heehee] card!!!! Liking your art journal a LOT... I find it fun & 'freeing' .....& go YOU with a SBM entry:):):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...