Friday, January 2, 2015

Kreative Koncepts Journal Journey 2015

I have been so inspired and motivated during the first few days of this glorious New Year. We have had soooo much rain here in the Far North, that there really has been nothing too important to do but play with my stash!!!! The inspiration is thanks to the new class over at Kreative Koncepts, called Journal Journey 2015. In week 1 we have been asked to play with a few different resist techniques! I couldn't wait to play!

The first of the 3 tags was using a candle as I couldn't find a white crayon!


I stamped my flowers, from {Kaszazz} and quote in some dye ink and coloured them in. Then I blended over them with some distress inks: Peeled Paint and Stormy Sky to reveal the resist!

2nd tag I tried the vaseline resist for the first time and love the results!! I used a Kaisercraft stencil and smeared the vaseline over with a pallet knife/ ice cream stick!!! Then I watered down some acrylic paint and lightly brushed over the top! I flicked another colour of paint on with the brush and let dry. Once dry, you wipe the vaseline off with a wet one, and are left with the white flowers. I added a few more little stamps and some cardstock dots with glossy accents to finish off!

3rd tag was a little off the beaten track, a few more than 2 colours but I was so motivated, I used a few different types of inks, rub ons and an orange crayon to colour in flower centres.

Now for my journal page which I created today!!!

















I always stick two pages of my journal together to act as a page. Gives it more strength for lots of layers and wet mediums!
I Gesso'ed the background first and then stamped my images in Staz On ink!!! This time I found a watercolour crayon but discovered after blending the Distress Ink that it didn't work! So I grabbed a baby wipe and wiped over the areas I wanted white, it came off beautifully because of the Gesso, and so just another way to interpret this challenge!!!

1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

These look fabulicious....& the different techniques to get a similar look are really interestin - the vaseline one turned out amazing...I'd NEVER thought of using it....& the candle---- great idea too...LOOOVe that sentiment on your journal page. Little bit of irony there! Really enjoyed this post - thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...