Sunday, August 28, 2016

Scrappingclearly DT post August 2016

Hi all! Today I'm sharing my 3rd Scrappingclearly post for August!!! I can't believe it's nearly the end of the month!!! I'm really happy with this layout, featuring my two beautiful kids from 8 years ago!!! they look so tiny!!!


My inspiration for this layout came from a class with Nicole Nowosad, over at Big Picture Classes!! I've been a member with them for quite a few years now, and their new website and classes are just amazing. For a small monthly fee, you have access to as many classes as you can do, and they are constantly coming up with new ones. Take a look if you haven't done before!!! 
I even broke out the sewing machine for this one...OMG..It's been awhile! Must be the new desk Hubby built me, more space, and using more things because I can!!!!


There's lots of layers behind my photo and I wanted it to pop off the page, so instead of going mad with the magic mount, I remembered a tip I learned a long time ago, and cut a large square of chipboard and taped that to the back instead! I've popped some vellum between the layers, to soften the mix of patterned papers a little. I've used the gorgeous Shimelle, Starshine and Maggie Holmes Open Book collections!
My embellishments: wood veneers by Studio Calico, Kaisercraft die cut push bike and a few flicks of Heidi Swapp Colorshine in navy. All other cut outs are from the Starshine papers!!! Love!

And there you have it!! A very colourful mix of Tertiary coloured patterned papers!!! Somehow, I think that it all works. Hope you like!





1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the way you've used those pps on the bg....the angles look fabulous. And isn't vellum amazing? Love how it softens everything without taking too much attention to itself! Love that bicycle, too:):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...