Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Sister tags and Birds!!!

So, at the moment, I am into birds!!! Do you have phases, where you want to use something on a project and then all of a sudden, finding yourself using the same thing on several projects and looking on Pinterest for more inspiration!! I do it alot.

For my tutorial this month over at Off the Rails,  I decided to do a tag!  Then I thought, I could kill two birds with one stone, (so to speak!!), and make my tag for the Scrappingclearly tag swap at the same time. Therefore, for both tags, I have used the colours of our tag swap moodboard at Scrappingclearly, which is here:





















So this is where the bird phase took shape.
I started with a couple of mixed media backgrounds, using Distress Ink and Micro Glaze for a resist technique! (You can see a step by step tutorial on the blog at Off the Rails!) ( I used stencils & Distress Ink, then rubbed the Micro Glaze over the top of the stencilled image which causes a resist of further wet mediums.)



I added some stamping, blended the edges and decorated with washi tape, twine, stamped images, (all from Kaszazz), and some flowers from Prima, Scrap Matrix, Merci and Kaisercraft.
I watercoloured the Bird images with Kaszazz, watercolour pencils.











































Hope you like my tags! I have to give one away, but at least I get to keep the other one!!!
TFL.
Tania

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...