Monday, February 20, 2017

I won, I won, i won!!!

Yes, I am a little excited!!! last week I was contacted by AALLandCREATE to find out I had won the INSTAGRAM competition, which gave me access to all their current online classes!! OMG...The collaboration of talented artists and their work is amazing, and I am happy to say, I had time to play on the weekend and take my first class by Flore Thannberger!! It was a card class, her card was amazing!!! here is my take on her class and details of the products I used!!! I can't wait to do the next one!!!























I've used Kaszazz cardstock in bling for the base card, then a piece of A6 watercolour paper. My watercolour base is Dylusions inks and Distress ink refill.

I have these gorgeous little Kelly Purkey stamps in my stash which I love, particularly the numbers and the Live big, so they went on there in Colorbox ink. The gorgeous fox, flowers and Dragonfly stamps, I have been dying to use. They are Uchi's Designs stamps and I won those in a CSI challenge.






















The original card sample by Flore had machine stitching, which I almost did, but it was late at night, the hand machine didn't want to play and too noisy to get the sewing machine out. So, I stamped a few arrows, and bundled up some black cotton for a similar effect. The cute little flair is from D-Lish Scraps.

















You can see on the Dragonfly above, I have some shimmer, that is Perfect Pearls! There are a few little touches of that on the fox and flair.

Finally, see this cute photo corner??? Well, I have a little box of metal Provocraft embellishments, that I thought I would never use!! The photo corners, (they are brads), were an ugly blue & green colour. So I sponged some Gesso on to prime them and then when dry, sponged some Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter!! Voila, silver photo corners!! I so love making use of old stash and re-purposing!!!
















I can't wait to share more creations from these fabulous classes and teachers!! Our very own Fiona Paltridge is teaching over there, why don't you check them out, it's lots of fun!!!! Click here


1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

That is an amazing prize and an amazing card....just ADORE what you've done.. GOOD on you! ENJOY!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...